On 11/12/2010 10:55 AM, Matthew Annen wrote:
Hi Jason, thanks for the reply.  I am using 32bit Ubuntu.  I
installed10.04.1 inside of Virtualbox and it did successfully build
svn of unattended.  However, it did not successfully load network card
firmware upon boot.  Not sure if I missed sokmething that I should
have changed in the kernel configuration

Does anyone know if the default 'make download'  withbout any other
changes should have a working kernel with firmware loading?

Building from SVN is just the standard: make download && make iso

I don't know of any additional steps required to enable the feature you're looking for. I haven't had a need for loading network card firmware.

As far as Ubuntu 10.10 and errors during 'make install, I did not
investigate that any further.  If you install and get it to work with
Ubuntu 10.10, maybe you can share your method?

Well, as most things which don't go according to plan, I've run into some trouble copying my files between the two machines today. I'll be picking up on Monday where I leave off tonight. I'll report my progress when I get to that point, not a problem.