On 11/16/2010 08:06 AM, david Vandergucht wrote:

Hi guys !

well, i too have trouble compiling unattended in order to solve my
little BCM57780 problem.

There is another thread related to BCM57780:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTimDfa4Hh6a9QyNHnpnLwBnCmAR9D%2BCzYCyUsJfe%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=unattended-info

it seems that it fails while compiling glibc.

That can't be good! :P Unfortunately, I do not have experience with Gentoo, especially compiling the Unattended linuxboot under Gentoo...

I'm compiling under gentoo 64, my kernell is 2.6.34-gentoo-r12 . Anyone
? idea ? Btw, loading the gentoo live cd (kernell 2.6.34) on this
BCM57780 machine fail to find the nic, but doing the following solve the
problem:
rmmod tg3
modprobe broadcom
modprobe tg3

That's interesting to note, but the actual bug was fixed in Linux 2.6.35.

Anyway, here is the error at compilation:

/usr/local/data/unattended/linuxboot/build-glibc-2.11.1/libc_pic.os: In
function `__fork':
(.text+0x81a75): undefined reference to `__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4'

Google says the -march=i486 CFLAG is needed to fix this. Try running make within the linuxboot directory like this:

CFLAGS="-march=i486" make