My sentiments exactly.  I feel as I am seen as too eager, too studious or just
too much.  It's exhausting trying not to be who I am but it's also a bit
alienating being the kind of teacher you describe below.  I once walked into
the school library where two teachers were chuckling as one showed the other my
blog.  There may have been nothing bad intended in the chuckle but it still
made me feel sad.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

and find at times I am
alienated from others because of my desire to read and improve on my
teaching etc.