"Christopher John Fynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Appending [unicode] does allow people to sort out messages from the list
> by sorting on Subject: which might be an advantage to subscribers with mail
> clients that can't filter mail - though I suspect there are very few (if
> any) subscribers to this list using mail clients which are that primitive.

Hey! I'm using mailx as I've done for the last 16 years. Whether it
can filter on subject I don't really know... In case you wonder: I
have a special subscription address for this list, and the messages
get into a separate mailbox.

Anyway, I don't really know what the outcome of the this [unicode]
discussion is, but my vote goes for removing it, It takes up ten valuable
positions in the already short Subject column in the message list
in mailx. Then again, if I get desperate, I could run a perl thing over it.
--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, [EMAIL PROTECTED]