From: "Marc Durdin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I must disagree with this statement.  I know of quite a few changes to the
LCID list, some of which have caused me considerable pain in the past.

Any of them in winnt.h?

> So, there are significant issues with Microsoft's LCIDs:
>
> 1. The tables are not static: significant changes have been made in the
past, and errors in published documentation have never been documented or
rectified.  There is no guarantee that these numbers will stay the same.

See winnt.h, like I said. Show me code that will no longer run, dating back
to Win 3.1 (I humbly accept the right honourable data lady's correction
about how long LCIDs have been around!).

> 2. The list of LCIDs needs to be managed as a formal standard.  I see no
indication that it is.

Again, see the header file, as well as the macros used to construct LCIDs.

> 3. What is the official source for LCIDs?  I have found at least 10 tables
of LCIDs, *all different* in the languages they list on Microsoft's site.
Microsoft should have just one table of LCIDs published on their website,
not one for each technology.

I would say where to look but you would accuse me of broken-record-itis.

Ah, what the heck. WINNT.H. :-)

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.