: > Incorrect. Again, they are *not* separate languages, but two
: > orthographic renditions of the same *written* language.
: ... yet there are a few differences in the vocabulary which actually
require
: entirely different characters - and I don't just mean the traditional
and
: the simplified version of a particular character. Take e.g. the word
for
: "bicycle".
: But after all, it's AFAIK just a list - not too long - of words which
has to
: be replaced when doing a conversion, quite regularly.

You mean differences like "lift" vs "elevator", "muesli" vs "granola",
"pavement"
vs "sidewalk", etc?  I do know that US and UK are two countries
separated by one
language :-)