Thanks for the many comments this morning.
Several people objected to any accents in the English column so they are
gone now.

Several people recommended Gerard Depardieu as a French actor. I gave
credit to the first person.

Some politicians have crept in. For now I am just incorporating what
people send me.

The biographical comments coming in with the names are very interesting.
If I had more time it would be nice to add the annotations, so for the
names that are not recognized you could learn who they are or link to
their web sites. (Like the actress from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragons.)
But I don't have the time...

thanks for your help. Keep 'em coming.
tex

http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html
Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the
one I've never tried before."- -Mae West