The answer is yes and no, depending on whether you've applied the patch.

To cut a long story short, you may want to check out:

http://www.microsoft.com/hk/hkscs/

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:50:24 -0500
"Tex Texin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

texin> Unicoders,
texin> I am sure there is a simple answer, but at the moment I am confused.
texin>
texin> On Windows 2k with default locale "Traditional Chinese" and input locale
texin> "Chinese (Taiwan)" and using the
texin> "Chinese Traditional - Quick" method, users can enter Characters with
texin> the code points:
texin>
texin> 0xFA44 0xFA41 0x916F
texin>
texin> These values are outside the range of codepage 950.
texin>
texin> So a subsequent conversion to Unicode fails, as these values are also
texin> not in the Microsoft mapping tables to Unicode.
texin>
texin> The characters represent things such as:
texin> 0x916F for Quarry Bay in Hong Kong Island
texin> another is a character for a Island in Macau
texin>
texin>
texin> So my questions are:
texin> a) Is win 2k using an extended version of 950?
texin> b) Is the Trad. Chinese input method generating characters outside 950
texin> or perhaps generating 936 values?
texin> c) Perhaps these characters are in the HKSCS extension and there is a
texin> 950 +HKSCS code page?
texin>
texin> Anyway, my goal is to insure that users can input any character the
texin> input method supports, bring it into an application in the native code
texin> page, and map it to unicode. To do that I need a consistent definition
texin> for the code page.
texin> Any clues?
texin>
texin> tex
texin>
texin>
texin>
texin> --
texin> Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
texin> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
texin> the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
texin> For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
texin> http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html
texin>

--
Y M Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>