John Hudson wrote:
> At 03:09 PM 12/16/2002, Eric Muller wrote:
>
> >>In order to convert any Devanagari font to be rendered in
> the same way,
> >
> >May be Sunil is just asking for a conversion of data,
> presumably from
> >ISCII to Unicode.
>
> Ah, yes, this is possible. I'm so used to people asking the
> other question
> that I assumed from the slightly mixed up references in the
> question that this was what Sunil intended.

OK, this is my interpretation of Sunil's question: He has text data encoded
in a so-called "font encoding" (e.g. "Shusha"), and he needs to convert it
to Unicode.

The Linux Technology Development for Indian Languages
(http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/isciig/) has two ongoing projects for
similar conversions:

        - iconverter
(http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/isciig/iconverter/main.html)