At 10:43 -0600 27/03/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How many languages were they used for? What sounds do they represent? [...]

I can understand the necessity of these questions except for the first two.
Why would it be needed for encoding to know just what languages / phonemes
these pertained to? Of course, if this info is available, it's nice to have
it.

Because, Peter, we do not encode things without knowing what they are for and how and by whom they are used. Questions regarding use are part of the Proposal Summary Form.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com