> And I mean L2/WG2 documents in PDF format, not a web-page with gifs
 > that take forever to load. I was unable to review your
tresillo/cuatrillo document for this reason.

Don't you have a web browser?

Yes, I do. However, I also have punitively expensive internet access, and I prefer to download PDF files rather than to receive gifs in e-mail

-- YES! They clutter my Attachments folder and get lost among the zillions of files on my computer --

or to visit someone's web site to read an illustration-heavy document like Peter's.

HTML pages with gifs shouldn't take any longer to download than
PDF files.

Easily said, James. It took long enough for me to stop the download.

We have over the years come to rely on PDF for discussion documents and I would like to encourage Peter to make use of them. All he needs to do is have a page like http://www.evertype.com/formal.html on his website and he can have links to many such documents. This would, in my view, help him get the answers he is looking for.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com