On 27/09/2003 02:19, Michael Everson wrote:

At 16:27 -0700 2003-09-26, Peter Kirk wrote:

I knew I had missed out the Mac community, largely because I don't know enough about Mac browsers except that there is at least one Unicode compatible one available, even if it is from Microsoft.

What? Sorry, IE5 is not at all Unicode compatible -- at least it does a woeful job of displaying Unicode text. ...

Maybe, but it doesn't present UTF-8 as mojibake, surely, and gives no justification for servers refusing to serve UTF-8 which was the original point.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)