Actually, I don't understand why UnicodeData.txt has no less than three different fields for numerical value anyway. I mean, it's not as though there exists EVEN A SINGLE CODEPOINT for which two or more of these fields exist and are defined differently from each other. One never sees, for example, a character for which "digit value" is 3 and "numeric value" is 4. It seems to me that one single numeric field would suffice.

You may need a second field to establish what "kind" of number this is (decimal digit, whatever), but then maybe you could figure that out from the general category anyway.

Jill