"Doug Ewell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Ãcrivait en ce 25/XI/2003

> All the Roman numerals I can find in the standard, except U+2183 ROMAN
> NUMERAL REVERSED ONE HUNDRED, have a value in the "numeric value" field.
> (Perhaps the actual numeric value of U+2183 is not known.)

I think it is rather because it is never used alone and does not really represent one hundred, but a multiplier of variable value.

C' represents below a reversed C.

|C' = D = U+ 217E = five hundred
C | C' = CD = â = U+2180 = M = one thousand (cf. mille in French)
|C'C' = DC' = â = U+2181 = five thousand
CCIC'C' = â = U+ 2182 = ten thousand
CCC|C'C'C' = hundred thousand -â not coded in Unicode, why ?

A million is represented by a Saint-Andrew's cross surrounded by a canopy |Â|, it is not coded I believe. I don't know why. I have representations of it.

Patrick
Noms ISO 10646 et annotations Unicode 4.0
en franÃais en bÃta
http://pages.infinit.net/hapax/ListeDesNoms-4.0.0.txt
RÃviseurs bienvenus !