> The figure has other names besides swastika. In heraldry, The figure is
> called a fylfot or sometimes a gammidion (four gammas arrayed).

<pedant>

The use of 'fylfot' in heraldry is a Victorian affectation.  There is
only _one_ pre-Victorian use of this word, in which it appears to mean
exactly what it sounds like -- a motif that fills the foot of a decorated
area.

In heraldry, a field divided according to a swastika shape should be
described as 'ecartele en equerre'.  Used as a motif, the swastika can be
called a 'croix gammee', 'croix cramponee', a 'gammadion', or a 'cross
potent rebated' depending on context and preference (this list is not at
all exhaustive).

</pedant>

Disclaimer:  I am not a medieval knight.

Not even a little bit on topic, I know -- but then, neither were the last
few dozen posts.

Benjamin

--
  Benjamin Peterson