At 16:05 -0500 2003-12-16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thus when Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus were found to be synonyms, Apatosaurus was chosen as the preferred name because it was published first; however, this is not properly describable as "changing the name of Brontosaurus to 'Apatosaurus'". "Brontosaurus" is a perfectly good name and may still be used even though it is dispreferred.

Brontosaurus was good enough for me when I was five, and it's good enough for me today. Hmpf. Dispreferred me elbow.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com