From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Andries
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 4:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OT?] Modifying (Unicode) sorting of languages using diacritics
in MS Word and MS SQL Server

Hello,

    I would like to know if the collating order used by Word may be
tailored by the user to sort properly letters using diacritics in a
language not appearing in the list of  languages by Word. A simple sort
by character number will obviously not work.

    I have the same question for MS SQL Server 2000...

    Finally, I would like to know if it is possible for a user  to add
an additional language to the ones appearing in the Windows regional and

language options, so as to assign to it, for instance, some keyboard
layouts.

    Many thanks,

Patrick Andries

P.-S. : Do Word, SQL Server 2000 and the Regional and Language options
window support all Unicode 4.0 associated languages as far as proper
sorting and addition of keyboards are concerned ? If not, when will
these products do so ?