From: "Patrick Andries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>     I have the same question for MS SQL Server 2000...

Similar answer to the one Chris gave for Word, though with a slightly older
version of the Windows sort tables....

>     Finally, I would like to know if it is possible for a user  to add
> an additional language to the ones appearing in the Windows regional and
> language options, so as to assign to it, for instance, some keyboard
> layouts.

This is not currently possible. But the user can certainly create a new
keyboard (now with an easy GUI tool) and the system will handle all that is
typed with it.

> P.-S. : Do Word, SQL Server 2000 and the Regional and Language options
> window support all Unicode 4.0 associated languages as far as proper
> sorting and addition of keyboards are concerned ?

It is hard to know what you mean here -- are you asking for when every
single character in Unicode 4.0 will be in some keyboard and some
linguistically appropriate sort, all built into Windows? Or did you have a
more practical (and reasonable) target in mind?

> If not, when will these products do so ?

Well, see above.

MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development