Antoine Leca scripsit:

> In the general case of a font intended for general use, and if the rendering
> without the circle is intended in special cases like drawing a keyboard
> layout for reference, I still believe it is better to have the circle and
> resort to special manipulations, like SP+ZWJ+vowel or drawing directly with
> ExtTextOut(ETO_GLYPH_INDEX), in order to draw the keyboard layout.

The bottom line is that SP+vowel and NBSP+vowel are prescribed by the
Unicode Standard, and if they don't work (at least the former; for the
latter, one can weasel out by claiming conformity with earlier versions
of the Standard) the system is broken.

--
A rabbi whose congregation doesn't want         John Cowan
to drive him out of town isn't a rabbi,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan