Hello,

sorry for the late response.

2004-04-01T03:47:40+03:00 Kenneth Whistler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Other possible approaches that any industrial-strength
> typesetting program ought to provide:

> The point is that looking to encode a special character in
> Unicode for every distinct visual effect in typesetting is
> not necessarily the first, best solution to settle on. It
> might not even be seventh or eighth best on the possible
> list of alternative approaches to solve the problem.

Why not? I think Peter needs a good book on typesetting to find out
what is inserted inserted between "Louis" and "XIV". In this case IIRC
there should be the following sequence: Louis,ZWNBSP,SP,ZWNBSP,XIV.

Alexander.
--
  Alexander Savenkov                            http://www.xmlhack.ru/
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.xmlhack.ru/authors/croll/