On 02/05/2004 16:48, Michael Everson wrote:

It is not possible to take an encoded Genesis text which is pointed and cantillated, and blithly change the font to Moabite or Punic and expect anyone to even recognize it as Hebrew.

Michael, you assert this, but do you actually know it to be true? After
all, this is not your area of expertise. I agree that this kind of
mixture is an anachronistic one, much like the example I mentioned
earlier of Vietnamese in Fraktur. But this text would be easily
recognisable and readable by anyone familiar with both Hebrew and the
Phoenician glyphs.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)