On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 5:34 PM, Doug Ewell va escriure:

> Staying out of this thread probably won't help it go away, so...

;-)
The change of suject is adequate, anyways.

> This seems fair.  Even if there is a Spanish adjective "quixótico" --
> I found only one Google hit for it in Spanish, but many in Portuguese

Sounds fair, since the "x" meaning [?] (the original sound) did stay in
Portuguese when it faded away in Spain (XVIIth c. as I understand it.) To
stay on the funny tune, the French variant is « don quichottesque » or «
donquichottesque ».

I should thank John and Mark for the quick answer. By the way. when Mark
wrote "Donkey Hotay", it took me a minute to realize the meaning of its
post, and at first sight I was thinking about Sancho's mounting!  8-|

Antoine