On Wednesday 2004.06.16 23:28:28 +0700, Paul Hastings wrote:
> from a pure web (html/coldfusion/java) application development/coding
> perspective (ie not dreamweaver, etc.) would anyone care to recommend a
> unicode capable editor? perhaps eclipse?
>
> thanks.

What about vim (vi clone: http://www.vim.org).  I just converted a very large
UTF-8-encoded HTML document (more than 15000 lines) to standards-compliant XHTML-1.0
and
found the advanced regular-expression-based substitution facilities in vi(m)
absolutely indispensible for adding all of the closing tags that XML requires
which were missing in my original document.  I had been using a couple of other
editors to complete the work, but as the conversion requirements got more difficult,
vim proved to be the most efficient tool for the job.  Note: If you do use vim or
another vi clone in a terminal on a *nix platform, make sure you run it inside mlterm
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlterm/) in order to display Unicode properly.