> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On

> in any case anyone's interested the suggestions so far are:
> ultraEdit

I've used UltraEdit for several years, and there are several things I
like about it. One thing I don't like, though, is its handling of
encodings and encoding conversions. It's menu options in this regard are
a bit cryptic, and I found there could be situations in which what it
was showing in hex mode was not the same as what is actually in the
file. I suggest some changes to the author, but didn't manage to
convince him.

Peter Constable