Paul Hastings <paul at sustainableGIS dot com> wrote:

> in any case anyone's interested the suggestions so far are:
> ultraEdit
> eclipse
> jText
> jEdit
> vim
> notepad (yes really. i use it quite a lot more than i'd like to admit
> in conjunction with mm's cfStudio with its broken unicode "support")

I have to add SC UniPad to the list, although its $199 price tag might
be a bit steep.  Note that by editing small files, or exiting and
re-entering frequently, you can get a lot done with the unregistered
(free) version.

All of my Web pages, which I admit are not very complex, are written
using SC UniPad.

I also admit to being biased, having contributed the SCSU code and
Vietnamese conversion routines and dozens of keyboard layouts to SC
UniPad.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/