Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: internationalisation assumption

Philippe Verdy wrote:
in addition, French
keyboards typically never include a key to enter these ligatures, which are
only entered with "assisted" word processors with on-the-fly
autocorrection

In that case, I'd recommend French people to use my Swedish Linux keyboard which *does* contain the Å ligature. For Swedish people, the Å ligature fills a much smaller usage; it's only used by Swedes who need to write documents in French, or use English transcriptions of ancient Greek names such as Ådipus.

Stefan