Elaine Keown
         Seattle (only 11 hours now...)

Dear Doug Ewell, fantasai and List:

I will try to sort out these diverse pieces of advice.

What's the point, really, of going far beyond, even
beyond CSS, into XHTML, where few computational
Hebraists have gone before?

Sorry, but I think this stuff is the least interesting
thing one can do on a computer....(no offense).  Well,
COBOL was my worst experience so far...

I've partly learned CSS, I guess---elegant placement
options!!--much better than HTML (clunky).  But I
discovered that the Web is full of bad CSS, even by
supposed gurus, and they never tell you which
browser/operating system/whatever their code might be
good for.

EK