Another point:

> Aren't the two versions of the same Unicode text supposed to be
> rendered the same? They're not, at least not in any of the
> applications in which I've viewed them: Microsoft Internet Explorer,
> Microsoft Notepad, Vim, BabelPad and SC Unipad.

SC UniPad uses its own built-in font and rendering engine, and does not
claim to do much "smart" rendering beyond Arabic contextual forms and
bidirectionality.  It does have options to "Combine Characters" and
"Combine Hangul Jamo," which will convert the Japanese and Korean
examples (respectively) from NFD to NFC, but I realize that's not the
question you are asking.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­