On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Naena Guru <naenag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I should not have even said anything here as I know that there is an
> alternative approach that does not hurt Unicode and hopefully its fans.

I already told you that your approach cost Project Gutenberg time and
effort. In fact, had it been a new font encoding instead of a variant
on a old DOS code page, we possibly would have tossed that project and
all that work had been done on it.

> Standards compliant and
> elegant solution. See it here:
> www.lovatasinhala.com/
> Do not use IE. If you use Firefox, sometimes you need to pick another page
> to see the complex script.

It's not standards compliant. If it doesn't work on IE, and sometimes
doesn't work on Firefox, then it hardly qualifies as a solution in my
book, especially as I'm getting "nivahal heøa" as the label on its tag
and complete trash when I paste it into my xterm.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.