I think you misunderstood, David. This is a transliteration - romanized
Singhala. The smartfont that downloads shows the text in the complex
Singhala script. I will read the earlier message you say you sent regarding
Gutenberg Project. Thank you for doing it. See my specific comments inline.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM, David Starner <prosfil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Naena Guru <naenag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I should not have even said anything here as I know that there is an
> > alternative approach that does not hurt Unicode and hopefully its fans.
>
> I already told you that your approach cost Project Gutenberg time and
> effort. In fact, had it been a new font encoding instead of a variant
> on a old DOS code page, we possibly would have tossed that project and
> all that work had been done on it.

I have no idea about what Project Gutengerg did with what approach. This is
simply a transliteration, Sir. The font is an Open Type font. The entire
effort was on the font after the alphabet was created.

> > Standards compliant and
> > elegant solution. See it here:
> > www.lovatasinhala.com/
> > Do not use IE. If you use Firefox, sometimes you need to pick another
> page
> > to see the complex script.
>
> It's not standards compliant. If it doesn't work on IE, and sometimes
> doesn't work on Firefox, then it hardly qualifies as a solution in my
> book, especially as I'm getting "nivahal heøa" as the label on its tag
> and complete trash when I paste it into my xterm.

IE does not have the ability to show the ligatures in Calibri font, let
alone those in the smartfont. Of course, IE is standards compliant, except
the Open Type standard. Firefox has no problem showing the script, but it
does not refresh the page after the font has finished arriving. If you
click, say on 'liyanna' you will see the Sinhala script. 'nivahal heøa'  is
romanized Singhala. The font shows it in the native script. If "nivahal
heøa" becomes trash on Xterm, what am I to do? It is simply iso-8859-1 =
Latin-1 code page text.

I hope you will give it a second try.