I found myself the other day looking once again for the character representation of the "external link" sign so prevalent on Wikipedia and Mathworld and other sites. There has got to be enough evidence for recording something like this. And I've seen a proposal for it too! http://www.unicode.org/review/pr-101.html and the proposal itself at http://www.unicode.org/review/pr-101-06268-ext-link.pdf and proposed by our own Karl Pentzlin back in 2006. What has happened with it since? Still in review? I don't see it on the Pipeline page.

Can we revive this proposal, if indeed it needs reviving? I think this character needs encoding.

~mark