Hi Marcel
>> I have also wondered whether each glyph for an allergen should include
>> within its glyph a number, maybe a three-digit number, so that clarity is
>> precise.
> I'm not sure whether another code would facilitate the handling of these
> warnings. IMHO the allergen name in natural language is more efficient in
> communication. This needs however to identify and learn the words prior to
> travelling into a foreign language country, while a code point is more
> obvious to read if it's meaning is at hand.
Well a lot could be done information technology-wise to facilitate
communication through the language barrier.
For example in text messages, sent by email, or over a mobile telephone link or
maybe thrown to a device nearby, to communicate dietary needs, using the emoji
characters for food allergens that we are discussing in this thread: this
information could then be localized into text automatically in the receiving
device;
For example, by using a smartphone by reading from an RFID tag (radio-frequency
identification tag) on a shelf label in a supermarket display about a product .
The RFID tag could contain the food allergen information about the food encoded
using the emoji characters for food allergens that we are discussing in this
thread: this information could then be localized into text automatically in the
smartphone.
Rest regards,
William Overington