In a message dated 12/3/2004 11:22:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I thought they didn't do car chases much anymore.  I guess they still do in Philly.  It seems a bit odd that it takes 10+ police cars, a tow truck, and a patty (sp?) wagon to chase down one stolen car through city streets which are basically one car wide.  With all that excitement I was sure a Little Paris had shot someone or something.
That's "paddy wagon." So-named at a time when all the cops were Irish, and "of the element."

"Up the Irish,
down the Feds,
say we sad Irish,
anarchists and Reds"