From: Glenn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 8:53 AM
To: Kyle Cassidy; Mike V.; UnivCity@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] important question about free speech rally

hahahaha

Cassidy, I can see why you like Tony's style so much. You know you may
be able to impress upscale wolves at first, but your technique at
debating becomes clear after a few rants.

Sure, any jerk can pull 2 sentences out of context, start ranting that
the writer actually means something completely different while hoping
that no one checks the original source. Tony thinks he is clever when he
relies on this cheap and simple technique and you do as well. Rant on
brother. When you stop trying this Tony style idiocy, let me know

This was much better Cassidy. You actually make a point and you actually
catch me using a weak choice of words. Try this direct approach at
debating more often:

"And this one: " ... UCD efforts at 'law enforcement.' This effort
sought to destroy the residents' ability to announce community meetings,
protest wars and business improvement districts, and any grassroots
organizing."

What specifically has UCD done to "destroy" residents ability to
announce community meetings? Have they shut down this listserve? Or the
UC Review? or knocked down the kiosks in Clark Park? or carted away the
bulletin boards in the Green Line? Shut down the Phillyblog? "

Here is my revised statement. UCD efforts at law enforcement sought to
destroy a very valuable grassroots communication network. Not only did
observation of this communication network reveal the healthy and diverse
neighborhood, but also it was an extremely important communication
network for the conveyance of many types of relevant neighborhood
information.

There are different types of communication vehicles, but for many types
of information and to reach the maximum number of people in a small
geographic neighborhood or community; street posters are perhaps the
most valuable medium serving the community. Examples would include lost
kitty poster, anti UCD posters, times and locations of Clark Park
redesign meetings, anti war rallies, etc. To me, this first UCD
enforcement policy shows a reckless disregard for the residents of this
neighborhood by an out of control UCD police, or it suggests a
deliberate focus on stifling free speech and thwarting any type of
community organizing outside of UCD's direct control.

Stop showing a bullying style of debating, Cassidy. Yes you impressed
Tony, Brian and Melani with your cheap rant. Others will see that you
are a brat who like Tony relies on this technique while refusing to
challenge someone's ideas. Do you really believe I'm going to waste time
on your cheap tricks and your absurd interpretations of my meanings?
Rant on brother.