I'll add my view, which supports Melani's tactical recommendations without
addressing her allegiance.

If you want information about any person or any agency, no matter how much you
distrust them, you first have to go through the process of trying to talk to
them face to face before you can complain about their lack of responsiveness.
Rules of the game. As of 2007, no real-world entity is required by any standard
of etiquette to post this or that on its website, or otherwise cater to critics
who wish to pester it on line. Some day these rules may change, but they have
not yet.

Common courtesy and common sense both suggest you attempt to talk live with
another human being inside an organization you wish to understand. Oftentimes
reporters wind up calling organizations they don't expect a straight answer
from. Still, these are steps that need to be taken.

I would never publish the work of a writer who refused to take this first step,
no matter how persuasive I found his work otherwise.

-- Tony West
  Because I approach the folks who work at the UCD respectfully and politely,
even when I disagree with them, they are willing to talk with me. I'd suggest
that anyone else who wishes to communicate with them use that same approach -
both when speaking with them directly, and also when speaking ABOUT them in a
semi-public forum, like on this list.  I've found that it's much easier to get
a response from people when you treat them like fellow human beings and don't
pre-judge them.

  That said, have you contacted them and asked for an update?

  To everyone on the list:  have any of you attempted to contact the UCD for an
update?  With or without success?  Please advise.  Ditto about the
Councilwoman's office.  Has anyone asked her if she has anything to say to us?
Please advise.

  Melani Lamond