Two thoughts:
??? 1.? What does $400/mo get you?? That does seem like low rent for the area.?
Are there lots of apts that go that cheap?

??? 2.? I don't see the contradiction between Omar's claim about Radian's units
undercutting high end off campus units and the high rents Radian charges.?
Since Radian will significantly increase the number of apartments in the area,
and is in a relatively close location, and is definitely high end, shouldn't
the increased availability in that market segment make high end units that
aren't quite as nice, or aren't as close to the campus, worth less to high end
tenants?

??? 3.? And its kind of funny how the article talks about these high end rents
as a problem for low income students.? I'm guessing such rents are about twice
the room charges for dorms and lower end apartments, and that they aren't
affordable for middle class families either.

??? OK, that's 3.? Who's counting?

Paul