In a message dated 11/13/2007 11:42:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Wouldn't seasons of the year and Daylight/Standard Time  variations factor
in?  I do know that the Earth's axis is at a different  angle to the Sun during
the different seasons, and that because the Earth's  orbit is elliptical and
not circular, the Earth is at different  distances from the Sun during the
different  seasons.

Yes, without going into the precise figures (too busy preparing my  questions
for tonight!), the effect would be much more pronounced during the  winter --
when the direct sunlight is most welcome -- than at other times of the  year.

Student of  Euclid,
Al Krigman