> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; UnivCity@list.purple.com>
> Subject: Re: [UC] FCC dissenter speaks about process> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008
> 12:02:13 -0500>
> The divisiveness that we have discussed on this list is simply another part >
> of the infantilizing process. By insisting on secrecy and back room deals, >
> the community is intentionally split by corporate manipulators and the >
> intentional divisiveness in our community is portrayed as squabbling infants
> > in a fight over candy, setting up the process to be used again and again by
> > anointed experts.> ...> Glenn, a loud citizen

Actually, the corporate manipulators portray themselves and those community
members they've bought off in secret back-room deals as being the winners in a
fair and open process. Those advancing the agenda will first try to buy others
off with trinkets, like fake inclusion ("lets' meet for coffee"), or being
tossed [literally] a bone "we're putting in a great new restaurant").
Disinformation will be spread ("A multi-billion dollar university cannot
possibly do anything else with that site!"). The agenda will be presented in
controlled settings by presenters who just show up with little or no advance
notice, and with no attempt to include those who are not members of the group
comprising the audience. Those controlled presentations are then palmed off as
proof of "community engagement". Those who can't be bought off or made to shut
up are then characterized as the crybaby infants, sore losers, malcontents,
anarchists, or whatever.

I just re-read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.  I first read it in junior high
school, but it is best read from the perspective of an adult. Read (or re-read)
it.  It will sound very familiar, I promise.

Karen Allen