The West Philadelphia Coalition for Neighborhood Schools is one of my
heroes.<br /><br />The rub is people of color have been dazzled by promises for
charter schools which has been aided and abetted by politicians, the media,
Hollywood, hedge fund managers, corporations and relying upon fomenting
disrespect for teachers. <br /><br />To date there has been no evidence to
support that charter schools outpace public schools. Some are successful, many
are the same, a great deal are worse, yet the public perception is otherwise;
unless you speak to current and former charter students and parents.  They now
realize the hype has had a pernicious effect with the de facto re-segregation
of schools and demanding obedience and regimentation instead of a broad
comprehensive curriculum.<br /><br />Parents who resist the rhetoric and fight
to maintain quality public schools have my utmost respect.<br /><br />Sent from
Xfinity Mobile App