Correct. The real goal was never to fix "failing schools."  It was to
franchise education for a certain  population and make more money for a
precious few.

>From lockstep scripted curricula without the arts, sciences etc. to the loss
of school nurses. The new Common Core Standards are a glaring example.
Instead of a High-stake test for each state, Pearson can now make one
blanket test for everyone, with Pearson the required Pearson Test prep
materials which must be purchased.

Now children can be put into categories more easily.  Someone in Denver can
know my students are a "1", or a "3" without ever having met them, knowing
what they can do, how they think, etc.

Of course not all children will have go to through this. Children of the
well-off will not have to experience this nor their teachers.  Only
working-class children and poor children of color. If you connect the dots
between who owns Pearson, CTB McGraw-Hill you will find the usual suspects
from the Wall St. bailouts behind them.

From:  Glenn moyer <glen...@earthlink.net>
Date:  Sat, 25 Feb 2012 05:05:02 -0500
To:  Alex de Soto <wil.p...@comcast.net>
Cc:  UnivCity listserv <UnivCity@list.purple.com>
Subject:  Re: [UC] Inky reports West Catholic will stay open

 The real goal of "education reform" comes through in the latest Chicago
example, but citizens need to pay attention!

 If one looks at the shenanigans closely, the school board was not aware
that some of the schools being closed had made tremendous strides in raising
student scores, even with the fraudulent evaluations used against them.
They were also not aware that principals and pedagogy had been changed just
last year and often yearly for ten years.  This is extremely important!

 While the very involved parents and students know that sabotaging and then
closing their public schools has long been the goal, the board is armed with
FRAUDULENT data!  It's another important example of the real goal, like the
evaluation that was exposed in the phillycom article I posted a few days ago
(the good teacher got a failing grade for "group activities" even though the
principal knew she was good at this).

 These evaluation packages make a tiny group of education "experts" millions
of dollars! The simplistic measurement instruments are pushed as valid and
reliable at a bargain price for the businesses running school boards. But
they give arbitrary and failing grades to any schools or teachers, and the
entire system is pushed to adopt strategies to beat the scheme behind the
test, while the morale of good teachers is destroyed.

 Invalid and unreliable measurements are no better than evaluating teachers
by the color of their shoes and maybe worse!

 The university  based reformers funnel the data crunching contracts to
their private companies and that's where the reformers make their millions!

 Of course the victims in poor and working class neighborhoods know beyond
any doubt, THAT THIS FRAUD WAS NEVER INTENDED TO IMPROVE SCHOOLS. It was
always about building a disingenuous case, while simultaneously de-funding
schools one library and one music program at a time!

 I saw the identical process close-up in behavioral health care.  They are
closing down all those programs too, while the stocks in private prisons
skyrocket!

 Glenn
 PS:  I saw about a year ago, Detroit raised its class size to 60 pupils, in
poor neighborhoods of course.