I'd go fanless if I could.  This is not based on practical experience,
just on supposition: fanless components have lower heat dissipation,
which means lower temperatures, which means longer life.  This also
means no rotating parts, which are inherently less reliable.  Finally
it also means lower power consumption, a consideration if it's running
24/7.

In terms of practical experience, get a UPS.  My last mobo died when it
was powered on/off several times a second after a power blip caused by
an electrical storm as the power grid re-activated.  I've found
configuring the UPS to be tricky in Linux though, so for now it's a
"dumb" UPS, but at least it will prevent that killer on-off-on-off.

--
Mark Lanctot

Sean Adams: "So you mean, aside from the fact that Squeezebox does not
do 96KHz, why doesn't it do 96KHz?"