thestig_992;319140 Wrote:
> Ive just installed SC on my hardy server, and have managed to get it
> started by typing sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter start in terminal.
> Aparantly you can run SC in a browser using port 9000...but it wont
> load for me..
>
> I havent dont anything else yet (apart from try and connect my device).
> Is there a GUI apart from the browser? If so, how do i run it?
>
> Thanks in advance

Which version of SC are you using? Ubuntu Hardy uses Apparmor with a
Mysql profile which stops SC from running properly even though it
appears to start OK

The Apparmor problem discussed here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...297#post301297.

Squeezecenter version 7.0.1 and later has a fix.

To check it out:
Firstly stop apparmor with the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/apparmor stop
restart squeezecenter with the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter restart.
If SC runs OK, and you able to use the web interface on localhost:9000
- you have the apparmor problem.

SC versions before 7.0.1 will run with apparmor stopped, but apparmor
will restart when you reboot. The post mentioned above has a number of
ways to permanently disable apparmor, but that is entirely your choice.
The ubuntu forum has quite a lot of info on apparmor, which is worth a
look.

If you have the apparmor problem I would recommend you download and use
an SC version 7.0.1+.  I use SC7.2 but SC 7.1 runs well.

--
Ramage

T5500 1.6GHz, SC 7.1-20404 Win Vista, Alien 2.0
P4 2.6GHz, SC 7.1-20404 WinXP, Alien 2.0
P2 266MHz, ClarkConnect 4.1, SC 7.1-21175, Alien 2.0
AMD64x2 ubuntu 8.04, SC 7.2~21490, Alien 2.01b1