It is worth it though.  :o)  I used to run Squeezecenter on my Windows
box, but there's too much downtime rebooting after the latest Microsoft
patch etc.  Solaris just stays up.  And with Solaris you get ZFS, which
gives you a flexible upgradable software RAID that is ridiculously easy
to configure.

(I also use my Solaris machine to stream video via a "Popcorn Hour" --
roughly a video equivalent of the Squeezebox.  The PH really works best
with an NFS share point, which pretty much ruled out using Windows.
Setting up Windows as an NFS server was so painful that I gave up in
the end, but it was a one-line command to configure on Solaris!)

--
matt.young