Thanks for the reply.

I went through the process you described and am having problems.  The
"standard" installation process just isn't going to work for me.

Everything is fine until the "apt-get update" step.  After this
command, one of the pieces of text feedback that is displayed is:

"W: Failed to fetch
http://debian.slimdevices.com/dists/stable/main/binary-lpia/Packages.gz
404 not found"

Then at the apt-get install step I get:

"Package squeezecenter is not available, but is referred to by another
package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted,
or is only available from another source
E: Package squeezecenter has no installation candidate"

So my thought is that there is no /binary-lpia directory at the
location where the OS is looking, only a /binary-i386 directory
(verified by browsing).   Because the Dell Mini has a lpia (low power
intel atom?) version of Ubuntu installed, I guess it is looking for
these versions of applications?  So I'm guessing I need to do some type
of more manual installation of squeezecenter, but I don't know what
process to follow.

I did locate the squeezecenter .deb (squeezecenter_7.3.1_all.deb) and
can install that after downloading it manually, but squeezecenter never
worked after that (died-restarting issue).  So I'm missing something in
the install process.

Basically, it boils down to I don't know how to install squeezecenter
on this system since the "standard" instructions don't seem to apply to
me.  Further suggestions appreciated....

--
dingJam