Thanks for the quick reply, Pat.

My server has all the regular inputs/outputs (video card, audio card,
mouse, keyboard) and I even have a KVM switch I could use with it. I
purposely chose a Linux distribution with no user interface (GUI)
because the box is kind of old and it works better with fewer resources
dedicated to graphics processing. It really is just set up for the
purpose of being a file server/print server. If I connect a monitor to
the server, I'll just be seeing the same command line I see on my
client boxes, right?

I didn't know that SqueezeSlave and SqueezeSoft were players. Is there
a command line Linux replacement/equivalent for SqueezeCenter that I
can install?

I update my Ubuntu Server using apt-get (update/upgrade) so I'm
familiar with apt-get. Is the apt-get procedure really complicated?

Finally, can I use the Synaptics GUI with a command line? Do I just
install the Squeezebox application on my server? Wouldn't I need KDE or
GNOME? I have no icons or desktop on my server at all. In fact, just the
other day I learned about a text-based server (w3m) I can use on the
server. I don't really need it but it was interesting. My Ubuntu is not
the one everyone is raving about but it's working for me so far.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

--
mark2