Hi,
I just got my Squeezebox today and I'm beyond impressed. Everything I
read said I would be blown away and I am. I set it up with Windows XP
initially just so I could get it running. However, I run a Linux file
server and I was hoping to direct Squeezebox right to the server.

My problem is that, unlike the documentation for Linux I've seen so
far, my server has no user interface. There is no monitor connected to
the server; I run it from the command line on other computers. The
server has two cables - one for power and one for the network
connection and that's it.

I saw that there is SqueezeSlave and SqueezeSoft for Linux boxes (as
Linux replacements for SqueezeCenter) with no user interface. My
question is how well these work and if anyone knows where I can find
some setup information for these. I don't mind RTFM but I was only able
to find a few posts here and there referring to this. I'm (maybe) an
intermediate Linux user, beyond "pwd" and "ls" but not yet to manually
determining package dependencies and scripting.

I'm running Ubuntu Server right now. I have a link to the server
partition in a folder on a Windows XP box. I pointed SqueezeCenter to
the link in Windows and got it to see the files on the Server. This
setup requires two computers to be on though, which is less than ideal.
I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

Mark

--
mark2