Tbrooke;423536 Wrote:
> .brutefir_config is apparently not needed so it probably doesn't matter
> that it can't be touched
Correct. Ubuntu uses a wrapper script around brutefir which includes
this touch; Im not sure why, but it definitely doesnt matter.

Tbrooke;423536 Wrote:
> I am still confused as to the filter files since it appears that basic
> brutefir configuration is being called multiple times. If I understand
> correctly the filters subdirectory can contain multiple txt file that
> contain brutefir configuration information and a reference to the actual
> filter. If I understand correctly this file is copied over to the
> settings folder to a new file with the mac address of the player that is
> used by the custom_convert file.
>
> It seems to me that all that is needed for filter changes is to change
> the actual filter pcm file name rather than copy the whole brutefir
> configuration which may be some of the cause of the problem.

You are right about the filters directory. The settings directory
actually contains symbolic links, rather than copies, which means there
is no chance that an "old copy" gets left behind and it is definitely
safe to just change either a pcm file, or the brutefir configuration
file in the filters directory.

Tbrooke;423536 Wrote:

> Does anyone have BrutefirDRC 1.10 running on Ubuntu 9.04?

Im on 8.10 still.

Tbrooke;423536 Wrote:

> the failure to find the file with the mac address may be the file
> ending "@" but I am still not sure

Does the
/etc/squeezecenter/BrutefirDrc/settings/filter-00_04_20_06_dd_3f file
exist? It should get created when you browse the "Choose Filter" menu.
Any other files in that directory?

--
htrd

Toby Dickenson
Search eBay for music matching your last.fm profile;
www.exitahead.co.uk