SuperQ wrote:
> I've run squeezecenter on completely under-powered machines like P2/P3
> ~500mhz.
> BTW, bogomips is just like it says.  Bogus.  It's a completely useless
> non-metric of anything.
> Unless you have a gigantic 1000+ album collection, any PC will handle
> squeezecenter just fine on Linux.

Of course its a bogus metric. But its easy to get.

I would not call 1000+ large, since I have 800+
I will claim that having one or more SqueezeBoxes causes you to buy more
CDs.

I ran for years on a P3-500 and it was fine. I think memory is much more
important than CPU speed.

The more recent versions of SqueezeCenter/SqueezeBoxServer take more
resources than older versions, feature creep and all that. Its expected
that SBS 8.0 will reduce the requirements once its released, but I don't
expect it until late this year or early next.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/