probedb wrote:
> snarlydwarf;495888 Wrote:
>> I would agree that the pretty UI that Ubuntu insists on giving you is
>> broken: it should be possible to mount an external drive as part of the
>> boot process.  For some things, you may just have to break down and do
>> it by hand, though, I don't use ntfs so no interest in figuring out how
>> to make it behave correctly with permissions, which is your problem.
>
> Then kindly leave this thread as that's it's entire point or I'm going
> to ask a mod to lock it!

You don't like his answers and you want him to leave?
I'm missing something here.

@snarly is explaining security considerations that have been developed
over 30 to 40 years. You don't like them, and want to limit his speach?
Others may be interested in his explanations.

While @snarly is talking about Debian and @probedb is talking about
Ubuntu, the simple fact is that Ubuntu is Debian with some user friendly
stuff.

Perhaps Logitech should actively release code separately for Debian and
Ubuntu, but I don't expect that to ever happen.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/