damcknight;537147 Wrote:
> It sounds like either using the Multi Library plugin or Virtual Machine
> are my best bet for now.  I am really surprised by how little support
> there is for multiple libraries, not just for the Squeezebox but for
> itunes and digital media players in general.  It seems like such a
> basic feature.  I read somewhere that this feature may come in
> Squeezebox Server version 8.

I tend to agree. The iPod is going away, and Flac in iTunes probably
not going to happen.
I run an SC server in a Virtualbox VM, runs globally fine. If you
choose to bridge the VM with a physical interface in the computer, the
SB Server will see the players ok. (With NAT or some other settings the
server / players discovery will not happen.)
I guess you could also use a "jail", but that's going to be a lot of
trouble for just a little gain in reliability, if any.

But perhaps FUSE can help: http://mp3fs.sourceforge.net/
I never used this particular layer; But supposedly you could emerge a
hierarchy of mp3 files for consumption with iTunes ?

--
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 2 SB Classic (fw 130), 1 SB Boom (fw 50) •
SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 (Debian 5.0) with plugins: ContextMenu,
SaverSwitcher by Peter Watkins • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris
•  WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
FindArt, CDplayer by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat by Erland Isaksson.